The Hawkins County Library System is seeking a qualified individual for an open bookkeeper position.
Position Summary: Performs general bookkeeping and account work and prepares, compiles, and maintains financial records and reports and analysis. Responsible for recording and maintaining the daily financial activity of the library, payroll, tax records, and financial reports required by the Board of Directors, Branch Directors, auditors, etc. Processes payroll through payroll service.
Schedule: Approximately 10-hours per month; schedule is flexible and most work can be done remotely.
Salary: Please submit salary requirement with resume
- High school diploma or GED is required;
- Previous experience in bookkeeping/accounting in an employment setting required, experience in a nonprofit setting preferred;
- Accountant/CPA preferred but not required
Essential Duties and Functions:
- Responsible for accurate and timely recording of all financial transactions, timely payment of invoices, and reconciliation of bank accounts;
- Responsible for preparing financial reports for the Board of Trustees’ meetings ;
- Coordinates the preparation of the IRS Form 990;
- Interacts frequently with branch directors and treasurer to provide financial reports and statements as needed;
- Prepares and maintains accurate financial records and reports as required by the Board of Trustees, Hawkins County Library System, and Hawkins County administration;
- Assist with annual audit; ensure appropriate records and reports are available; be available on-site when audit is conducted;
- Reviews all invoices or requests for payment and prepares checks in a timely manner, providing the branch directors with supporting documents for review and final approval of payments;
- Reconciles all bank accounts monthly;
- Maintains the Quickbooks accounting system, recording all financial transactions on a timely basis;
- Maintains and reconciles petty cash accounts of each library;
- Oversees payroll process including submitting payroll, working with payroll service, and reviewing payroll reports;
- Monitors the budget and alerts the directors and treasurer to discrepancies and problems;
- Maintains detailed records for grant expenditures;
- Completes financial sections of the annual Public Library Survey;
- Follows library policies and procedures set by the Library Board of Directors.
- Knowledge of internal controls and experience with financial reporting and IRS form 990;
- Requires proficiency in payroll administration and experience with online banking and cash management, and online tax reporting;
- Must be proficient using Quickbooks and Microsoft Excel; must be able to use the Internet, email, Windows OS, and Google Suite;
- Requires excellent communication/interpersonal and analytical thinking skills;
- Requires flexibility in scheduling work hours to accommodate all paydays, board meetings, and deadlines;
- Knowledge of record management procedures and techniques;
- Dependable, efficient, detailed oriented, and accurate;
- Ability to prioritize workload effectively, work under pressure, and meet deadlines;
- Ability to communicate effectively, write clear and concise reports.
- Reports to: This position reports to the library system’s three branch directors and Board Treasurer
- Offers of employment will be conditional pending the completion of a criminal background check;
- Must have a valid Tennessee driver’s license and the ability to be insured at standard vehicle liability rates;
- Must be able to perform medium physical activity including bending, reaching, standing, and sitting;
- Must be able to lift or carry objects weighing up to 10 lbs. Some lifting up to 40 lbs.;
- Need to be sighted, able to hear a normal conversation, speak clearly and communicate both on the phone and in person.
Hawkins County Library System, PO Box 454, Surgoinsville, TN, 37857.
Application due April 30. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
|File Size:||102 kb|